Mis Aventuras en España

Saturday, November 18, 2006

AyayayaaaaaaaaaAdventures!!!!!!!!

Here in Spain you can choose to go to a small little pueblo or village by train and you are bound to find a nice cathedral, church, or other religious edifice to go marvel at...surprise, surprise. But the architecture is always very beautiful. Since that baby was born I have been getting on a train and going somewhere everyweekend...except this weekend, I am going by car. Due to the fact that when I travel I am not here to get on the computer and during the week I don't have time to sit down and write, I realize it has been just about month since I last updated. I think the only way to rectify this situation is to organize the next few entries into descriptions of my weekend adventures with any highlights from the previous week if there was anything terribly exciting (which of course there always is but not everything merits mention...especially since I have a tendency to create novels for entries...)
So the week after the baby was born was ofcourse different since Ferran took a couple days off and was home. But honestly, I don't remember that much about it. I still went to class and all was well. That weekend, well, I've lost what I did Saturday to the unkown parts of the universe (I imagine the memory is hanging out with all the favorite socks I've lost, even though I hate socks) but it must have been something good since I didn't have time to update...
But I remember Sunday and it was definitely an adventure. oh wait, saturday is coming back to me...ah yes!! There was a mime festival here that week. It was absolutely wonderful! Thursday night I went to a show with Meritxell, Sergi, and Javi at one of the nicer theatre's here, actually it was a silent movie, after Absenta instead of going to dance class. It was hilarious. Unfortunately I can't remember the name but it had 3 main characters in it and it was about a man and wife living in the country (oh andthey had a daughter and a nanny too) and woman who comes from the city. The man starts having an affair with the woman from the city and she decides he should kill his wife and move to the city with her. This was ofcourse depicted through terrible acting, strange facial expressions, and short speech screens, my favorite of which went something like: "Couldn't she just get drowned?" - woman from the city. (The speech screens were in english and the characters really didn't have names)...anyway to make a long story short when the man goes to kill is wife he can't do it and they end up floating to the shore and taking a train to the city, where they preceed to have the most ridiculous and hilarious fun. While they were in the city it was one slapstick routine after another and by the end the husband and wife were back in love and the city woman went back to the city lonely and sad.
ok, so for the weekend, because now i have just about run out of time. oh no. so then friday night i went to a show for kids with Meritxell that was in Catalàn. It was really fun and very cute. After that I saw a show with her brother (who met up with after the kids show) and Anikó, who met us in Plaça Prim that was very artistic and good. For any of you who have seen Sha Sha Higy's work, it reminded me a lot of that. The costumes weren't quite as intricate and there were two people. It was very excellent and wonderful. Although sometimes it is hard for me to completely understand really artsy things, this show left me with the feeling that it had shared a message...basically that we put to much emphasis and belief into the media...because the media tends to tell rather negative messages, which then effect us and how we feel, or something along those lines. After that, not wanting to miss anything I decided to go to another show (by this point it was about 9 pm, Meritxell's brother went to go have dinner and Anikó had to go home) which was about Don Quiote, but involved many different cultures and languages (the few times they spoke). It was even more difficult for me to follow than the previous show and after about 15 minutes I promptly continued my tradition of falling asleep during just about anything...oh well. Saturday night I met up with Anikó and we managed to get two shows in. First we sawe a kids show by two guys from the states. It was a play acted out like a silent movie. It was very funny and cute. Reus is such a small world that when we sat dow to watch that show, I realized we were sitting next to "Alfred" (well, the guy who played him in the kids show the night before) and that I had been sitting next to one of the actors on stage now the night before during the show that was similar to Sha Sha Higby's. Next we saw an absolutely amazing and excellent French trio depict a story about three friends (two guys and a girl) who had been friends since they were kids. It told the story not on a linear timeline but jumping from when they were kids to adults through movement, music, and the few props they had. It was a story of love, friendship, promises, and the fact the things change and when they do it is sometimes hard to keep the promises and pacts we made...it was amazing and so inspiring! I think this one might have been my favorite. The great thing about all this was all these shows were free (except the silent movie, which I think was a whole 3 €) and at least an hour long! After the shows Anikó and I decided to grab a coffee and figure out our plan for Sunday...which i will have to write about later because i really must run!
i hope somebody is still reading this and that it hasn't been forgotten since i haven't written in so long...
best wishes,
sarah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home